Re: Closing bugs in removed packages, plus .status format change

On Mon, Mar 24, 2003 at 11:46:18AM -0600, Adam Heath wrote:
> Question: Should I store the bug# in the .db file?  It would make scripts
> easier to write, as you could just cat *all* files together, to build the
> in-memory database, instead of having to do each file in a loop, matching up
> the filename(and the bug number) with the data.

Well, it seems to me that the bug number is both a property as well as the
name, so yes. A hypothetical situation:

Filesystem error blats the directory, fsck recovers the bugs into files
named #<inode>. How can you fix this? Seems to me that storing the bug
number within the file gives many benefits for small cost.