Re: Detecting "default browser"?

On Thu, Mar 20, 2003 at 09:19:09AM +0100, Xavier Roche wrote:
> >Alternatives are made for that. /usr/sbin/www-browser
> >The x-www-browser alternative.
> >This is exactly what sensible-browser(1) is for.
>
> Okay, seems that sensible-browser is the solution (and this script calls
> the alternative script if no BROWSER env var found)

Which is nice, but largely undocumented.  What newbie, or for that matter,
experienced Unix admin is going to think to look for "sensible-browser"?
Heck, I've been using Debian since 1996 and this is the first *I've* heard
of it.

It would be nice to have control center modules in both KDE and Gnome
helping to set this.

-- John