Re: suggested virtual package name: dns-server

Hi again,

On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 06:25:34PM +0100, Toni Mueller wrote:
>    dns-server
>
>    or maybe
>
>    dns-server-resolver and dns-server-authoritative

I'm sorry to need to follow up to my own post, having put out the
suggestion in a rash in the first place, but the longer I think
about it, the more I see the need to actually have two package
names just because there are enough packages out there that
implement only one out of the two functions eg. BIND would perform
(if configured accordingly). Ie, there are pure authoritative name
servers, and there are pure resolving/caching name servers, and
I don't see a good way to have these conflict with each other
when you want/need both functions and intend to satisfy this need
using different packages.

Best,
--Toni++