Re: How to ask for a virtual package (Was: suggested virtual package name: dns-server)

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 11:17:55AM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> The discussion just stoped and we did not found a real decision.  Because
> there were no real reasons *against* those virtual packages I would like
> to know now what I would have to do to implement this because things only
> happen if someone just does it.

the policy manual says that a consensus should be reached on
debian-devel, and after that you talk to the affected packagers
and bring forward your suggestion to the person(s) who maintain
the list of virtual packages (or so my reading of it is). So
I'd suggest that you try to hold a vote on the matter and see
what the outcome is. The policy manual talks about this near
the point where it lists the virtual package names.

Best,
--Toni++