Re: orphaning my packages

> But this is upside down!  An advocate is someone who has worked with the
> applicant, and can vouch first-hand for his fitness to become a DD.  How
> would requesting an advocate on debian-mentors fit with that?  Is the
> applicant in question not actually involved with Debian work yet, or do
> none of the people he's worked with feel he should be a DD (!)?

>From what I understand, asking for an advocate on debian-mentors is not
asking for someone to blindly say "yep, let them in" no questions asked.

It's asking for someone to take the time to work through issues with the
applicant to make sure they have a handle on the requirements of the
job. Having spent time with them (in person or not) the advocate should
have a feeling for the fitness of that applicant to proceed (or not).

Jonathan Oxer
Ph +61 3 9723 9399 / Fx +61 3 9723 4899
GPG key: http://www.ivt.com.au/gpg/jon.oxer.gpg