Re: *term -ls, a summary

On 23 Jul 2002, Joe Wreschnig wrote:

> On Mon, 2002-07-22 at 20:12, Manfred Wassmann wrote:
> > On Fri, 19 Jul 2002, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> > > 	Why are we trying to remove these distinctions?
> >
> > Noone wants to remove distinctions.
>
> You are trying to remove the distinction between a login shell (which is
> started from a getty, or an ssh, or something like that), and an

[...]

> You seem to be totally unaware of the distinction between login and
> interactive shells.

I am fully aware of that distinction, that is why I wan't (and do) have my
xterms started with -ls.  All I want is *one* option in *one* place for
all desktop environments/window-managers/terminal-emulators to set this
behaviour.

The current situation really sucks.  We have more than a dozen terminal
emulators and about the same amount of window managers/desktop
environments and you have to configure each of them seperatly. And
everytime you start a different one you are stuck with that bloody
default.