Re: Version control systems for debian devlopment

On Wed, 2002-07-10 at 14:54, Michael Alan Dorman wrote:
> Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder <avbidder@fortytwo.ch> writes:
> > subversion: I didn't try it - needing to set up a webdav server made
> > me avoid it so far.
>
> You don't have to set up a webdav server unless you want remote
> access.  That may or may not mean you need one.

[some praise]

I believe the praise may be justified - as I said I didn't try it.
Remote access is an absolute requirement for me.

Basically every post-cvs revision control that saw what the latters
weaknesses are kicks cvs around the block. But subversion's server model
I do not like - complex piece of software depends on complex standard,
implemented in complex piece of software depending on other complex
piece of software. Hmmm.

Just a matter of taste, so I'll not discuss it further here, anybody
wanting to do that may join me for a beer some evening or so.

cheers
-- vbi

--
secure email with gpg                         http://fortytwo.ch/gpg