Re: DebConf 2 post-mortem

On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 09:03:11AM -0400, Joe Drew wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-07-10 at 07:16, Russell Coker wrote:
> > The only talk that I didn't find useful was the one on obfuscinated Perl,
> > he's a great speaker (obviously much more skilled than everyone else who gave
> > a talk) but he wasn't speaking about Linux or Debian.
>
> Let me clear this up: Damian's talk was less a part of Debconf as it was
> a talk which happened to be held at Debconf. Richard Dice, Damian's
> organizer in Toronto, approached us; he was looking for somewhere for
> Damian to be able to deliver his talk for free (i.e, no facility costs),
> and it just so happened that many of the people at Debconf would be
> interested in Damian's talk, so I set it up.

	Thank you muchly!

> As well, I'm pretty sure that it drew an audience not entirely comprised
> of Debconf attendees, which was the idea in the first place.

	It did.  I went to the Tuesday Damian talk, and I recognised a
whole bunch of people who showed up to Debconf, but were actually part
of the Toronto Linux Users Group; which held the Tuesday session.
Apparently, Damian's talk on "Life, the Universe, and Everything" was
part of their regular meeting.

Simon