Re: you have to tag sid bugs (was: Release-critical Bugreport for July 5, 2002)

On Sun, Jul 07, 2002 at 06:23:57PM -0500, Adam Heath wrote:
> A new bug is filed.  How do you expect us to know what versions of a package
> have that bug?  Just assuming that the current version installed on the users
> machine is wrong.

Sure it is wrong, but it is a good guess. If the version in the bug report
is a woody version, then it is most likely a woody bug. If the version is a
sid version, then it might be a sid-only bug. Of course this can only be
checked by hand and requires work.

> The bug system has no concept of versions.

Sure it has.

> simple stmts that 'we should check all those bugs' be given, and magically
> start having sid/woody tags applied, shows a lack of understanding on the
> stater.

Well.. actually I do have checked _my_ bugs if they apply for woody and they
dont. If all developers would do that it would be enough. I still wonder why
we have a 150 bug RC list and nobody is consider them RC anymore. I mean, I
dont care if they are declared "not release critical", but somebody has to
do that, officially.

Greetings
Bernd
--