Re: Debian X package shouldn't install XDM by default

Jason Victor <sloppyj123@yahoo.com> writes:

> I like GDM and KDM, because they let me choose
> language and window manager when I start up, but does
> XDM allow you to do either? Maybe I just don't know
> how to use XDM (which is very possible). Maybe Debian
> should trash XDM and use GDM by default instead.

[tv@ki ~]$ apt-cache show wmanager
Package: wmanager
Section: x11
Installed-Size: 51
Maintainer: Tommi Virtanen <tv@debian.org>
Architecture: i386
Version: 0.2-7
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.1.97), libfltk1, libgl1, libstdc++2.10-glibc2.2, xlibs (>= 4.0.1-1), perl5, sed, chase, findutils, grep
Filename: pool/main/w/wmanager/wmanager_0.2-7_i386.deb
Size: 20082
MD5sum: 542a9c975391e8b2ac154e3e3846a9b1
 wmanager is a small X11 application for selecting a window manager
 at X startup. wmanager looks for a file named '.wmmanagerrc' in
 the user's home directory which contains a list of window managers;
 you can create such a file with wmanagerrc-update. You can also use
 wmanager-loop that runs window managers chosen by the user until
 told to exit.

--
tv@{{hq.yok.utu,havoc,gaeshido}.fi,{debian,wanderer}.org,stonesoft.com}
unix, linux, debian, networks, security, | First snow, then silence.