Re: Lintian and Build-Depends (was Re: A question about update-excuses)

On Tue, Apr 17, 2001 at 08:04:12PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
> > Not necessarily.  Configure scripts have a habit of always regenerating
> > things like Makefile.in, to the great dismay of build dependencies.
> > If you take explicit steps to prevent that, then you can probably
> > ignore the dependency.
>
> Like touching the files so that they don't get regenerated.

You could just do make.
This regenerates all files as necessary.
The results will be included into the diff file,
so no regenerating should occur.
I allways thought that this is the way
it is supposed to be.

Could somebody give me an example where further
care is necessary?

Jochen
--
                                         Omm