Re: No network management in LXDE task

Quoting Holger Wansing (2021-09-25 22:30:20)
> Hi,
>
> Michael Biebl <biebl@debian.org> wrote (Sat, 25 Sep 2021 22:17:48 +0200):
> > Am 25.09.21 um 22:05 schrieb Holger Wansing:
> > > A patch to address this issue for LXDE is attached.
> >

> > So now you have 3 network configuration systems involved:
> >
> > - ifupdown, which is still installed by default
> > - connman, which is pulled in by the lxde package (via connman-gtk)
> > - network-manager(-gnome), which is pulled in via task-lxde-desktop
> >
> > that doesn't sound like a good solution.
>
> Hmm, as there are no Conflicts dependencies set for those, I assumed this
> is no problem... ?

Not only conflicting packages can be non-sensible to pull in by a task.

There are no conflicts declared across httpd daemons or dns servers -
because in complex scenarios they can be listening on non-default ports.

Similarly, network-manager can be custom-configured to only manage some
devices and connman only some other devices.

 - Jonas