Re: connman does not respect /etc/network/interfaces when upgrading from buster to bullseye and more general considerations

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 23, 2021 at 08:17:37PM +0200, Holger Wansing wrote:

> LXDE is one of the light-weighted desktops, and LXDE is not Gnome.

Sure.  That was the reason why I had choosen this as desktop for quite some
old hardware.

> So, if you add gnome-network-manager to the LXDE task, how much of Gnome will
> be pulled in via dependencies?
> This might be an argument pro connman.

>From my point of view it is bearable.

> I have just installed an LXDE system to test this, and now adding
> network-manager-gnome, installs 24 new packages, taking 39 MB of additional
> disk space, according to the apt-get output (the whole LXDE system having
> 3,4 GB of disk space used).

I'm more about memory usage than disk space usage.  IMHO 39MB for something
that works in contrast to saving space that is hard to use or even might
break a system under some circumstances is a sensible tradeof.

> I guess this would be worth it.

I agree here (may be removing connman saves some extra space again (probably
not much).

> What do others think? LXDE people?

Kind regards

       Andreas.