Re: Plans for bullseye?

Le 25/09/2019 à 15:01, Paul Wise a écrit :
> On Wed, Sep 25, 2019 at 8:03 PM Jonathan Carter wrote:
>
>> 3. desktop-base changes
>>
>> desktop-base now contains 7 themes, wouldn't it be better if the themes
>> were separated from the destkop base package? And then ideally,
>> desktop-base just recommends the latest theme, leaving it up to the user
>> to install any additional themes they might want to use or try out?
>
> Is there anything left in desktop-base if all the themes are removed?

We also ship:
- debian logos/icons in various colors and resolutions
- the bits to make our themes the default in various places: gdm,
  gnome-shell, lightdm, xfce, kdm, plasma
- some useless .desktop files of Type=link pointing to various Debian web
  resources which all DEs I tested don’t recognise or handle in any way. :)

On the other hand:
grub-common looks for the active debian theme by itself by shipping
/etc/grub.d/05_debian_theme and suggesting desktop-base.

Plymouth explicitely selects the current buster theme futureprototype in
/etc/plymouth/plymouthd.conf

Cheers,
--
Aurélien