Re: Plans for bullseye?

On Wed, Sep 25, 2019 at 8:03 PM Jonathan Carter wrote:

> I'm just going to do a small brain dump here so feel free to add ideas
> to this thread then we can create a wiki page for it.

The ideas look good.

> 3. desktop-base changes
>
> desktop-base now contains 7 themes, wouldn't it be better if the themes
> were separated from the destkop base package? And then ideally,
> desktop-base just recommends the latest theme, leaving it up to the user
> to install any additional themes they might want to use or try out?

Is there anything left in desktop-base if all the themes are removed?

> it would be better if the themes had their own source package, creating
> a binary package for every specific theme. Thoughts?

I like that idea, then we could have some more of the great themes we
had in release contests in the archive for folks to choose their
favourite among.

The idea has been discussed since 2008, some links:

https://wiki.debian.org/DebianArt/StructureThemePackage
https://github.com/ulrich-hansen/desktop-theme-kit

--
bye,