Plans for bullseye?

Hey o/

I thought that it might be about time to start talking about plans for
bullseye.

I'm just going to do a small brain dump here so feel free to add ideas
to this thread then we can create a wiki page for it.

1. Testing artwork

Usually during a development cycle, debian testing has the same artwork
as stable, which can be really confusing to people especially when it
contains a version number. Isy Simpkins has created testing artwork that
we can use during testing to differentiate it from stable releases.

Salsa: https://salsa.debian.org/rattusrattus/testingtheme-workinprogress

Here are some screenshots where it is implemented so far, its
implementation is currently a work in progress:

Boot:

 * isolinux: https://i.imgur.com/xHOORft.png
 * grub: https://i.imgur.com/yp3IVjG.png

(yes, that's not very readable atm but that's fixable)

Calamares:

* https://i.imgur.com/k9PV3XV.png
* https://i.imgur.com/SibvLyh.png

2. Final bullseye artwork

To maximise the amount of time available to tweak and finish off the
final artwork, how about doing the wallpaper campaign drastically
earlier than in previous cycles? I was thinking between February and
July, choosing the final artwork at the end of July? That provides a lot
of time for someone to create artwork, and when it's chosen, a lot of
time for maintainers and for the artist to round everything off before
freeze occurs.

3. desktop-base changes

desktop-base now contains 7 themes, wouldn't it be better if the themes
were separated from the destkop base package? And then ideally,
desktop-base just recommends the latest theme, leaving it up to the user
to install any additional themes they might want to use or try out? IMHO
it would be better if the themes had their own source package, creating
a binary package for every specific theme. Thoughts?

-Jonathan

--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) <jcc>
  ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Debian Developer - https://wiki.debian.org/highvoltage