Re: Suggestion about the graphical interface in Debian

On Thu, 2016-01-14 at 21:48 +0100, Tormod Volden wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 4:09 PM, Adam Wilson wrote:
> > Firstly, the Super key is already bound by default to switch to the
> > overview, so there would be some conflict there, and one
> > functionality
> > or the other would have to be chosen. I think Super opening the
> > overview is more conducive to good workflow (from my experience
> > using GNOME 3- I use MATE now). Secondly, I don't think it's wise
> > to waste such a prominent key on a deletion function.
>
> He is talking about the delete key (sometimes marked "Supr" on
> Spanish
> keyboards).

If so, something like this already exists.

GNOME used to disable the delete key (I think it was moved to Shift-
Delete?) and you hade to explicitly enable it.

With GNOME from unstable I think it works by default, and you get a
handy dialog box as confirmation and/or undo.

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson