Re: Pushing 9.0.0 to unstable

Le dimanche 18 décembre 2016, 13:19:15 CET Yves-Alexis Perez a écrit :
> On Tue, 2016-12-06 at 09:59 +0100, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> > > The last major part missing for Stretch I’m still working on is the
> > Plymouth
> > > theme, but il will take more days to be ready.
> >
> > I *personally* would have preferred to have the plymouth theme included
> > before
> > pushing to unstable, but I have no strong feeling on it, so if other people
> > here want it in unstable now rather than later I can do the upload.
>
> Aurélien, any news on this?

Hi all !

I just committed a usable version of the Plymouth theme for soft Waves into SVN.
Some reasonable amount testing was done including LUKS passphrase handling so it should be suitable for general use.
More visual improvements and tweaks will probably follow in the future, but I’d say most of the work is done.

I’d also like to handle plymouth theme selection via alternatives if time before the freeze permits. It will be the last missing piece to be able to switch all theme elements globally (grub, login, wallpaper, lockscreen…) with the new desktop-theme alternative I’ve put in place for Stretch. Near-Yay ! :-)

So if someone feels like pushing it to unstable, that will be most welcome.
And as usual, comments are also welcome !

Cheers,
--Aurélien