Re: Removing KDM conf file on upgrade ?

On Fri, Nov 4, 2016 at 4:11 AM, Aurélien COUDERC wrote:

> With Stretch KDM is being dropped and I’ve removed this file from the package to stop distributing it.

This is probably a conffile, which needs special handling, here is my
template for bug reports about packages that do not properly remove
conffiles, it may help. You may also want to test the package upgrade
with piuparts.

Please use the dpkg-maintscript-helper support provided by dh_installdeb
to remove these obsolete conffiles on upgrade.

https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-files.html#s-config-files
http://manpages.debian.org/man/1/dh_installdeb

This bug report brought to you by adequate:

http://bonedaddy.net/pabs3/log/2013/02/23/inadequate-software/

$ pkg=desktop-base ; adequate $pkg ; dpkg-query -W -f='${Conffiles}\n'
$pkg | grep obsolete

--
bye,
pabs