Re: Removing KDM conf file on upgrade ?

Le 5 novembre 2016 05:26:27 GMT+01:00, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> a écrit :
>On Fri, Nov 4, 2016 at 4:11 AM, Aurélien COUDERC wrote:
>
>> With Stretch KDM is being dropped and I’ve removed this file from the package to stop distributing it.
>
>This is probably a conffile, which needs special handling,

Indeed, it is. It was well "hidden" in dh_installdeb autodetection of files shipped in /etc that get automatically handled as conffiles.

> here is my template for bug reports about packages that do not properly remove
>conffiles, it may help. You may also want to test the package upgrade
>with piuparts.

Gave piuparts a quick try with no success. Either I give it the deb as argument and it complains that it cannot resolve dependencies, or using -a that you cannot provide package files as it uses apt-get to install arguments.

Is there no simple way to do an install_from_deb-purge or install-upgrade_from_deb-purge ?

>Please use the dpkg-maintscript-helper support provided by
>dh_installdeb
>to remove these obsolete conffiles on upgrade.
>
>https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-files.html#s-config-files
>http://manpages.debian.org/man/1/dh_installdeb

Committed in SVN using maintcript conf file for dh_installdeb.
Thanks for the useful links !
I knew the policy part but hadn't realized all the dh wiring going on.

>This bug report brought to you by adequate:
>
>http://bonedaddy.net/pabs3/log/2013/02/23/inadequate-software/

Would benefit from an updated link to tracker.d.o from the old PTS ;-)

Also,
https://wiki.debian.org/HowToPackageForDebian#Check_points_for_any_package
should be updated now that the requirement for Debian menu files has been retired in favor of desktop file. Should I make the change ?

>$ pkg=desktop-base ; adequate $pkg ; dpkg-query -W -f='${Conffiles}\n'
>$pkg | grep obsolete

SVN head is now "adequate". :-)

Cheers,
--Aurélien