Re: Xfce default artwork

On Sun, 2 Sep 2012 08:57:49 +0800
Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:

> Actually, that is not the case and sadly it was widely mis-reported in
> the media. This is pretty standard for the media (especially tech
> media) and one should always check what they present as "facts" before
> believing them. We are currently still using GNOME for the default
> desktop task and there hasn't been any decision by the release team to
> allow switching. As far as I can tell, the release team have been
> instead pursuing shrinking the size of GNOME binary packages using
> better compression.

Oh, thanks for the clarification. That was really widely
misconceived/mis-reported by the media.

Also, thanks for the links to the different threads/posts. As you can
see from my direct (and sadly uninformed) approach of directly posting
to this list, we don't have any experience with Debian yet. I was aware
you had just picked a theme for Wheezy, which was why I thought asking
early enough for the next release might have its merits.

Of course I'm a little sad that Xfce isn't the default desktop after
all, but we'll see whether we can still submit something for Wheezy+1.

All the best,
Simon