Re: debian-desktop/7.0.0~exp2 in experimental

Le samedi 23 juin 2012 19:47:46 Paul Tagliamonte a écrit :
> Howdy, -desktop,

Hi !

> Hopefully we can contain the flame to the other thread.
>
> desktop-base/7.0.0~exp2 has been accepted into experimental, for testing
> by y'all (and generally interested folks) for feedback and testing
> before pushing to unstable.
>
> I urge y'all to give it a try and provide feedback on issues that you
> may run into.
>
> You can overlay experimental on any unstable install, and install
> desktop-base by running:
>
>     $ sudo apt-get -t experimental install desktop-base
>
> For more information on using experimental, check out the wiki[1].

One thing so far I noticed. There is a black border around the grub
background. I have it on my tests laptop, and on a VM with VirtualBox. Grub
configuration remains untouched from a vanilla installation.

> If you would care to test out the plymouth bootsplash, here's the short
> version of how to get it running:
>
>  1) Install plymouth via apt ($ sudo apt-get install plymouth)
>  2) Set the theme to use `joy' ($ sudo /usr/sbin/plymouth-set-default-theme
> joy) 3) Edit the file /etc/default/grub, and add
>     "splash" to GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT
>  4) update your initramfs ($ sudo update-initramfs -u)

It seems the plymouth look stronly depends on the resolution. The size of the
waiting circels and the space between them seems to be absolute. In addition
to that, the circles seem blurry at low resolution while the swirl logo looks
nice.

Beside these two things, I've got nothing to say, thank you !

Adrien