debian-desktop/7.0.0~exp2 in experimental

Howdy, -desktop,

Hopefully we can contain the flame to the other thread.

desktop-base/7.0.0~exp2 has been accepted into experimental, for testing
by y'all (and generally interested folks) for feedback and testing
before pushing to unstable.

I urge y'all to give it a try and provide feedback on issues that you
may run into.

You can overlay experimental on any unstable install, and install
desktop-base by running:

    $ sudo apt-get -t experimental install desktop-base

For more information on using experimental, check out the wiki[1].

If you would care to test out the plymouth bootsplash, here's the short
version of how to get it running:

 1) Install plymouth via apt ($ sudo apt-get install plymouth)
 2) Set the theme to use `joy' ($ sudo /usr/sbin/plymouth-set-default-theme joy)
 3) Edit the file /etc/default/grub, and add
    "splash" to GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT
 4) update your initramfs ($ sudo update-initramfs -u)

Here's the full list of changes from the version in unstable:

    desktop-base (7.0.0~exp2) experimental; urgency=low

      * Remove GConf defaults, they are not used anymore.
      * Remove the GDM3 settings, since the configuration format for GDM
        change again, yay.
      * Add a dconf file for the new-style GDM3 configuration.
      * Add a XML file describing the available resolutions for the
        background (for use with GNOME).
      * postinst: use a higher priority for the 1920x1080 background.
      * Cleanup postinst/prerm/postrm.
      * Add a new alternative: desktop-background.xml.
      * Use it from the gsettings override.
      * Reload gdm3 after installation/removal.
      * Drop old libgnome2-common hack.
      * Clean up an alternative that is no longer available.

     -- Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org>  Sat, 23 Jun 2012 23:28:15 +0200

    desktop-base (7.0.0~exp1) experimental; urgency=low

      [ Paul Tagliamonte ]
      * Adding myself as a maintainer
      * We've got a new theme -- `joy' by Adrien Aubourg. Thanks, Adrien!
         - Theme added to backgrounds.
         - Theme added for Grub
         - Background changed for GDM3
         - Theme added for KDM & changed that to default.
         - Theme added for ksplash & changed to default.
      * Standards bump to 3.9.3
      * Pre-Dependency added for dpkg (>= 1.15.7.2~), since we use dpkg helpers
        in our preinst.
      * Add in Jonathan Carter's Plymouth theme.

      [ Jonathan Carter ]
      * Remove splashy theme since it's no longer available in archives

      [ Yves-Alexis Perez ]
      * Install emblem in the correct folder.

     -- Paul Tagliamonte <paultag@ubuntu.com>  Sat, 23 Jun 2012 13:00:47 +0200

I thank all of you dearly for putting up with this,
  Paul

[1]: http://wiki.debian.org/DebianExperimental