Re: Packages of prospective artworks and configuring more than one package

Hi everyone,

2012/4/5 shirish शिरीष <shirishag75@gmail.com>:
> in-line :-
>
> 2012/4/5 Franz Gratzer <franz.gratzer@fsfe.org>:
>> Unfortunately I'm having no plan how to deal with those technical
>> requests. I would look into this if I would have the time to learn it
>> from scratch, but it's already to much for me to even understand what
>> exactly is needed for a full GRUB layout instead of just a background
>> image...
>
> True, but for that we could probably take help from Gustavo Franco
> perhaps as he's the maintainer for the desktop-base package which has
> themes like these or maybe he can suggest or do something like
> desktop-base-more/extra (some name) .
>
>> I wanted to do some designs for Open Office als well, but I never
>> received any reply to my questions...
>
> What replies you didn't receive ? I do remember giving you the link of
> the guide and some generic info [0] .
>
> I am just a user. There are couple of ways perhaps you could have
> tried if I was unable to answer any of your queries. [1] [2]
>
> 0 - https://lists.debian.org/debian-desktop/2012/03/msg00058.html
> 1 - debian-openoffice@lists.debian.org
> 2 - users+subscribe@global.libreoffice.org (for subscribing) and then
> users@global.libreoffice.org to ask questions/queries.
>
>> Best
>> Franz
>>

>> On Thu, 2012-04-05 at 12:13 +0200, Joan Singla wrote:
>>> Hello!
>>>
>>> Can anybody help me to create a *.deb with the images of
>>> SuperNovaDebian theme?
>
> Joan I can file an RFP (Request for Package) on the Debian BTS and
> also simultaneously asking the desktop-base maintainer (as I have
> cc'ed) to know/understand what would be the best way forward. I do
> know that the official entry would probably make it to the
> desktop-base package after votes are pulled in and whatever else that
> needs to be done.

Could you please summarize what needs to be done? Do you want to make
a theme package which could be used by desktop-base? What we did for
previous releases was to include the default artwork in desktop-base
itself. In other words, desktop-base is default theme + machinery to
make it work across desktop environments.

You're of course more than welcome to have a separate theme package,
but if it's picked to be the default it'll end up being redundant.

> [...]
>>>              15        manual mode
>>>
>>>         I saw for instance Ulrich's theme [0] [1] as well as his
>>>         notes[2]
>>>
>>>         It would be nice if the package was done before voting because
>>>         it
>>>         would take a long time and if there is a package then popcon
>>>         [3] might
>>>         give better indication as well. A random package statistic [4]
>>>         also
>>>         helps understanding how it would be cool.
>>>
>>>         What I have done actually is something different (probably not
>>>         the
>>>         right way) but I'm lazy to do all the symlinking stuff.
>>>
>>>         $ cat /usr/share/desktop-base/grub_background.sh
>>>         WALLPAPER=/usr/share/images/grub/Lake_mapourika_NZ.tga
>>>         COLOR_NORMAL="light-gray/black"
>>>         COLOR_HIGHLIGHT="white/dark-gray"
>>>
>>>         I do understand now that .png files are just better/have
>>>         higher
>>>         quality. It would be nice to have theme packages packaged
>>>         similarly to
>>>         something like the packages which were part of GNOME 2 themes
>>>         [5] [6]
>>>         or something similar. It should be cool if we have something
>>>         like
>>>         that. Also more themes for users should be a good thing, isn't
>>>         it. ?
>>>
>>>         Another small point, is anybody on the presentation templates
>>>         with the
>>>         themes, haven't heard from anybody yet [7] [8]
>>>
>>>         Comments welcome.
>>>
>>>         0 - http://wiki.debian.org/DebianArt/Themes/journey
>>>         1 -
>>>         http://wiki.debian.org/DebianArt/Themes/journey#Grub_2_-_Background_picture
>>>         2 -
>>>         http://lazybrowndog.net/debian/wheezy/_grub/grub-readme.txt
>>>         3 - http://popcon.debian.org/
>>>         4 - http://qa.debian.org/popcon.php?package=iceweasel
>>>         5 - http://packages.qa.debian.org/g/gnome-themes-more.html
>>>         6 - http://packages.qa.debian.org/g/gnome-themes-extra.html
>>>         7 -
>>>         https://lists.debian.org/debian-desktop/2012/03/msg00056.html
>>>         8 -
>>>         https://lists.debian.org/debian-desktop/2012/03/msg00058.html
>>>         --
>>>                   Regards,
>>>                   Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल
>>>           My quotes in this email licensed under CC 3.0
>>>         http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0/
>>>         http://flossexperiences.wordpress.com
>>>         065C 6D79 A68C E7EA 52B3  8D70 950D 53FB 729A 8B17
>>>

>>>         --
>>>         Archive:
>>>         http://lists.debian.org/CADdDZReP40UnsCF4BmJ-mbpejQQ2-dzpVKd2P_2YDZ0CXspkw@mail.gmail.com
>
> --
>           Regards,
>           Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल
>   My quotes in this email licensed under CC 3.0
> http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0/
> http://flossexperiences.wordpress.com
> 065C 6D79 A68C E7EA 52B3  8D70 950D 53FB 729A 8B17

-- Gustavo "stratus" Franco