Re: Requesting feedback on the creation of a virtual package for icon themes

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 7:47 AM, Sune Vuorela <nospam@vuorela.dk> wrote:
> On 2012-03-05, Fernando Lemos <fernandotcl@gmail.com> wrote:
>> * Does anyone see any problems with using virtual packages for this?
>
> There is a problem with different kinds of completeness of the icon
> themes.
>
> I tried my KDE Plasma Desktop with the faenza icon theme at once and I
> I for many things got the most basic icon where I actually expected
> different ones.

Assuming the faenza icon theme does adhere to the fd.o icon naming
spec, I think there's not much we can do about this. Most likely, the
DE itself requires icons that are not defined by the standard. This
virtual package would only benefit packages that depend only on the
subset of icons defined in the spec.

If there's another, broader standard (even if it's DE-specific), it
might be worth considering creating an additional virtual package
(say, something like kde-icon-theme).

>> * Suggestions on how we should name the virtual package
>>
>> Paul suggested "fd-icon-theme" or "freedesktop-icon-theme". I'm okay
>> with either.
>
> fdo-icon-theme or freedesktop-icon-theme

Noted.

Thanks,