Re: thinking together artwork to 'Wheezy'

On 02/26/2012 04:27 AM, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Le samedi 25 février 2012 à 14:40 +0100, Milo a écrit :
>> Hi all,
>> I understand who says that penguins are overused in the linux world,
>> so why not use the fact that Wheezy is the "singing penguin" of Toy
>> Story and integrate some musical notes in the wallpaper? Just like you
>> use a space shuttle for the alien Squeeze?
>
> I kind of like the idea. I tried to put it in a very simple background:
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianArt/Themes/Music
>
> I’m satisfied with the elements, but not with the background colors, so
> if someone wants to improve it, please go ahead.

Hello -desktop,

As I promised some time ago, I managed to bring you a first draft of
some Wheezy artwork, heavily inspired by your own thoughts and ideas
brought up here. This first proposal comes in two flavors, in both 4:3
and 16:9 preview ratio.
First variant is to be found at [1] @1600x900 and [2] @1200x900.
The second and greatly improved variant is located at [3] and [4].

Another wallpaper?
Yes. Because this is the most complex artwork element, and we can derive
all the other elements from it and from its main lines.

The musical note was a pretty good idea, and found its place as a
central point, while not an obvious one. I hope you will come to love it
as I do :-)

I will host the preview images on my company's domain, but maybe I'll
have to make some time tomorrow for creating a wiki page on d.o.

Until then, I am eagerly waiting for your feedback and ideas. Please
send your replies to the list, and let me know what you think of it!

[1]: http://serenitymedia.ro/debian/wallpaper-16-9.png
[2]: http://serenitymedia.ro/debian/wallpaper-4-3.png
[3]: http://serenitymedia.ro/debian/wallpaper2-16-9.png
[4]: http://serenitymedia.ro/debian/wallpaper2-4-3.png