Re: thinking together artwork to 'Wheezy'

On 03/01/2012 03:55 PM, Victor Nitu wrote:

On 02/26/2012 04:27 AM, Josselin Mouette wrote:
Le samedi 25 février 2012 à 14:40 +0100, Milo a écrit :
Hi all,
I understand who says that penguins are overused in the linux world,
so why not use the fact that Wheezy is the "singing penguin" of Toy
Story and integrate some musical notes in the wallpaper? Just like you
use a space shuttle for the alien Squeeze?
I kind of like the idea. I tried to put it in a very simple background:
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianArt/Themes/Music

I’m satisfied with the elements, but not with the background colors, so
if someone wants to improve it, please go ahead.

Hello -desktop,

As I promised some time ago, I managed to bring you a first draft of
some Wheezy artwork, heavily inspired by your own thoughts and ideas
brought up here. This first proposal comes in two flavors, in both 4:3
and 16:9 preview ratio.
First variant is to be found at [1] @1600x900 and [2] @1200x900.
The second and greatly improved variant is located at [3] and [4].

Another wallpaper?
Yes. Because this is the most complex artwork element, and we can derive
all the other elements from it and from its main lines.

The musical note was a pretty good idea, and found its place as a
central point, while not an obvious one. I hope you will come to love it
as I do :-)

I will host the preview images on my company's domain, but maybe I'll
have to make some time tomorrow for creating a wiki page on d.o.

Until then, I am eagerly waiting for your feedback and ideas. Please
send your replies to the list, and let me know what you think of it!

[1]: http://serenitymedia.ro/debian/wallpaper-16-9.png
[2]: http://serenitymedia.ro/debian/wallpaper-4-3.png
[3]: http://serenitymedia.ro/debian/wallpaper2-16-9.png
[4]: http://serenitymedia.ro/debian/wallpaper2-4-3.png

Kind Regards,

- -- Victor Nitu
  victor@debian-linux.ro
sip:victor.nitu@ekiga.net

Well done Victor! They all have what I feel the wallpaper should have:
    - Not too busy to be distracting.
    - The Debian logo prominent, but not huge and in obnoxious.
    - A bit of depth, things you don't notice at first glance.

I like wallpaper2 the best of the three.

Keith