Re: Squeeze Artwork: selection of default theme

On jeu., 2010-11-11 at 08:04 +0000, Jon Dowland wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 06, 2010 at 03:33:52AM +0100, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> > The four of them should be included in debian-desktop package
> > (wallpaper, gdm/slim/kdm themes, splash screen), but one should be
> > selected to be the default Squeeze artwork.
>
> That will mean desktop-base growing to 4-5x its current size, for a package
> that will be installed by nearly every  desktop user.   We are already
> requiring a freeze exception for the winning theme.   I think the others have
> just missed the boat for squeeze.

I'm not sure the size is relevant for the freeze exception (though it
might be for inclusion in the first CD), but in any case if the release
team thinks it's a bad idea, it can be changed.

We can remove the previous artwork (at least Etch one) too to gain size,
though that means dealing with the alternatives removal.

Cheers,
--
Yves-Alexis