Re: gksu, ktuss and other ways to get root

Fathi Boudra wrote:

>> >  Quoting the maintainer:
>> >  > I do not think it is a good idea to use su-to-root inside .desktop
>> >  > file, because this would make such .desktop file Debian-specific
>> >  > (and thus would not be integrated upstream). Instead a freedesktop
>> >  > approved remplacement to su-to-root should be provided by xdg-utils.
>>
>> AOL, that sounds like the "right way" to do things.
>
> discussed with freedesktop people some years ago.
> The tool isn't ready yet and was postponed later.

Yeah. And like I said, _we_ could start using it and later, when it is
popular, make other people adopt it. Unless a better way to su to root in a
non DE-dependent way is created.

> search "alternative to X-KDE-SubstituteUID for non KDE desktops" thread.
>
> cheers,
>
> Fathi

Cheers,
--
Atomo64 - Raphael

Please avoid sending me Word, PowerPoint or Excel attachments.