gksu, ktuss and other ways to get root

Hi,

I know there was a discussion about this (on -release). I'm bringing it
back here because I think it's a desktop issue, but feel free to move it
elsewhere.

I think about this because I just noticed system-config-printer and gdm
Depends: gksu, which I don't really want on my (Xfce) system, as I can
use ktsuss (recently uploaded).

Is it really needed for them (and other) to depend on gksu (problem is
the same for KDE stuff I guess)? Would it be possible to only depend on
“something which can be used to gain root access”, and have this
“something” provided by multiple apps.

Would it make sense?

Cheers,
--