Re: Debian Live now uses tasks

Seg, 2007-02-05 às 15:22 -0200, Gustavo Franco escreveu:
> Hi list,
>
> Debian Live now uses tasks to provide images for GNOME, KDE and Xfce
> 'live Debian desktops' (laptop support also included). It's really
> important that after testing Debian Desktop with a live system the
> user end with the same set of packages if installing it through d-i.
> After some months i sent a patch and talked with Debian live guys they
> implemented the feature. They're also building daily images. Enjoy!

this is great!!!

> I'm trying to bring more visibility to these images discussing elevate
> their status to something official. We will see... ;-)

i think it's not really ready yet for oficiality ... mainly because
there is one thing that misses some testing: call d-i-gtk from X
server :P

but the overall work is really great !!! Debian goes slow, but with
great tools.

Debian is a really good distribution and etch is going to be a top
quality piece of software.