Debian Desktop RC1 in place.

[ Please forward this message in every desktop related list you're
subscribed if you want, but forgot d-d-a for a while, let Etch came
first. ]

= What is Debian Desktop? =
Debian Desktop is a Debian's subproject created to be a joint effort of
all groups involved or related with the Desktop. Actually we've members
from: pkg-gnome, pkg-kde, pkg-xfce, tasksel and utnubu.

We did our best to deliver for our users a better desktop experience (including
laptop users) using GNOME, KDE or XFCE in our upcoming Etch release.

= How can i download Debian Desktop? =
Debian Desktop RC1 is in place, the easier way to install is
downloading a CD or DVD image[0] - DVD is preferred, if you're going
to use a CD broadband is recommended.

= How can i install Debian Desktop GNOME? =
The first DVD image contains the entire GNOME set of packages, just
follow the installer and after the base system install select "default
desktop environment", if the system doesn't suggests it for you and
proceed - no network is required during installation.

The first CD image doesn't contains the entire GNOME set of packages,
just follow the installer and after the base system install select
"default desktop environment", if the system doesn't suggests it for
you and proceed - broadband connection is recommended.

= How can i install Debian Desktop KDE? =
Before the installer boots, please type:
install tasks=kde-desktop

Press enter. :)

* The first DVD image contains the entire KDE set of packages - no
network is required during installation.

* The first CD image doesn't contains the entire KDE set of packages -
broadband connection is recommended.

Note: Alternative CD and DVD containing KDE as default will be provided soon.

= How can i install Debian Desktop XFCE? =
Before the installer boots, please type:
install tasks=xfce-desktop

Press enter. :)

* The first DVD image doesn't contains the entire XFCE set of packages
- broadband connection is recommended.

* The first CD image doesn't contains the entire XFCE set of packages
- broadband connection is recommended.

Note: Alternative CD and DVD containing XFCE as default hopefully will
be provided in time for Etch.

= Known issues =
- The artwork isn't finished yet.

[0] = http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer
       Please download Debian Etch RC1 images for GNOME and something
newer (daily builds) for KDE or XFCE.

regards,
-- stratus