Re: Etch Artwork

2006/9/20, Fathi Boudra <fboudra@gmail.com>:
hi,

nice work !

some comments now :) i would like to avoid text on the wallpaper. Debian logo
will suffice to show that you are on Debian ;)

i like current proposal (except text) but i don't think it's a killer artwork
for etch. Not really new, near debblue style.

Yes. Gustavo (stratus) asked for to me to make something similar.

When i look our main competitor, we are far from their artwork quality:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/EdgyProposals/
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Kubuntu-Edgy-Ideas

Yes. But we also can arrive there...:)
Already it is some thing when almost nothing is not had.

I'm wondering also if this discussion must not be showed outside of
debian-desktop ML. We'll receive more feedbacks from our users and maybe some
other artists will be attracted. An announce for Etch artwork could be nice.
Maybe a contest ? some promotionnal action on gnome-look/kde-look website ?

Cool!
We have time for this?

cheers,

Fathi