Re: Etch Artwork

        Hi,

On Tue, Sep 19, 2006, André Luiz Rodrigues Ferreira wrote:
> I'm working in an artwork to send for you to consider for Debian Etch.
> http://cdd.debian-br.org/~si0ux/artwork/debian/03-gnome.png

 Nice work!

 It seems you're working both on an icon theme and on backgrounds,
 splash screens etc.  I think I have to warn you that the *complete*
 icon set is very large, and we wouldn't want to switch from the default
 icon set if the coverage of the new icon set isn't 100%.  The rest
 (backgrounds, engines, etc.) is fine.  The only other criteria for
 acceptance I know of is that the default engine should be "light"
 especially in terms of CPU usage.

> Which the colors I can use?

 I don't think there were strong requirements in the past, but obviously
 blue and red were very present.  However, the upstream icon theme has
 changed to be closed to the recommendations of the Tango project.  You
 can learn more about Tango at:
    <http://tango.freedesktop.org/Tango_Desktop_Project>
 This project recommends explicitely some colors, palettes etc.

 I've uploaded the new icon set to experimental already, it's in the
 gnome-icon-theme source package.  You should be able to install the
 gnome-icon-theme under unstable without pulling anything else (you
 might experience a missing screensaver icon, and perhaps some other
 glitches).

 I suppose it would be nice to try out your themes with these icons, and
 to follow the Tango guidelines.

    Bye,
--
Loïc Minier <lool@dooz.org>