Re: Etch Artwork

On Tue, Sep 19, 2006 at 08:55:04PM +0200, Loïc Minier wrote:
>  It seems you're working both on an icon theme and on backgrounds,
>  splash screens etc.  I think I have to warn you that the *complete*
>  icon set is very large, and we wouldn't want to switch from the default
>  icon set if the coverage of the new icon set isn't 100%.  The rest
>  (backgrounds, engines, etc.) is fine.  The only other criteria for
>  acceptance I know of is that the default engine should be "light"
>  especially in terms of CPU usage.

IMHO, even if there is 100% icon coverage and a light GTK theme, we
should reconsider hard to switch away from the GNOME default (dunno
about KDE).  Personally, I think the GNOME icon and GTK engine defaults
are reasonable and it does make sense to switch away from them at the
expense of screenshot consistency with upstream documentation, other
distributions, etc.

The only valid exception maybe would be Tango icons, but I think there
are still legal issues with that which block such considerations.

Michael