Re: beagle / default apps

On 9/14/06, Yves-Alexis Perez <corsac@corsac.net> wrote:
On Thu, 2006-09-14 at 00:50 +0000, Gustavo Franco wrote:
> Btw, i would like to get rid of Firefox and keep just Epiphany, but FF
> is in the 'desktop' task and Epiphany is in the 'gnome-desktop' task
> and even if you've no idea you installed both. There's a limitation in
> the way we handle tasks, do you see?

And until we have a browser which doesn't heavily depend on gnome (or
kde), we should'nt use them in the 'desktop' task, I guess. Epiphany
would bring gnome things, Konqueror would bring Kde things that an user
isn't really aware of. Firefox only depends on gtk things, and until we
have a lighter alternative which doesn't depend on too much things, we
should keep it in 'desktop' :)

I meant that the task system could be smart enough when installing
gnome-desktop and desktop task (for example) to install just epiphany,
maybe using a 'conflicts' against stuff in the desktop task (firefox).

That way, we could avoid a lot of dupes and keep using just 'firefox'
for pure desktop, only 'epiphany' for GNOME desktop, only 'konqueror'
for kde and 'firefox' in xfce?!

The feature and how handle it everywhere isn't in my wishlist for Etch, though.

regards,
-- stratus