Hi, I was told to put suggestions to the email address if I had any so
here you are:
* I noticed when you watch a movie in Totem the screen saver still
kicks in every now and then while its playing. (Can't figure out
how to stop this without loosing the screen saver in other
* Totem is the default player for movies and music (I think its a
good choice I like it) but its called "Movie Player". I think
"Media Player" would be clearer.
* I think that Firefox and Thunderbird should be the defaults
instead of Epiphany and Evolution. (No point making new users
learn extra programs on top of everything else)
* I think that gtkpod should be installed by default and set as the
program that starts when you plug your Ipod in because Rhythmbox
doesn't even allow you to upload music and gtkpod is a lot more
intuitive. (I think that Rythmbox should be removed as well
because between Totem and gtkpod its totally unneeded)
* I think you should get rid of the CD player program as its not
really needed because the Sound Juicer is very easy to use and
lets you rip music too.
* Possibly include some office programs (Openoffice.org maybe)
because although I don't really need them at the moment I think a
lot of people would expect them to be installed by default.
* The "Preferred Applications" thing in the preferences menu only
lets you choose the default browser, mail client and terminal
emulator. I expected it to let you select things like default CD
player, default Ipod program etc (In fact I still haven't figured
out to set those myself yet)
Not meaning to sound critical by the way I think you have done a great job.