Re: splashy in default desktop environment(was: The project is dead?)

On 8/24/06, Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org> wrote:
On Thu, Aug 24, 2006 at 11:05:31AM -0400, Luis wrote:
> The only modification that needs to be done, is that "splash vga=NNN"
> needs to be added to the kernel parameter.

At least 'splash' could maybe be added to GRUB's default kernel command
line, I assume no harm will be done if no splash is available?

Not sure about the vga= thing.

splash is ok, the vga thing changes how the output is showed for you
during the boot, so yes it can 'break' stuff.

Btw, if we've a 'safe bet' and Otavio wants to change grub package a
bit (eg: we can preseed a  debconf question through 'desktop' task in
the installer) to add it, i agree. Do you see?

regards,
-- stratus