splashy in default desktop environment(was: The project is dead?)

On 8/24/06, Luis <lemsx1@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

I just wanted to point out that Splashy is being developed with
debian-desktop in mind and Etch.

You might want to include Splashy in this task/virtual-package.

ATM Splashy is not part of Etch as we are working on a bug that
prevents Splashy work correctly when started from initramfs. We are
about 10 or so developers working on this problem #splashy on
irc.freenode.net.
(...)

Hi Luis,

How much "working out of the box" it will be? I blogged about the
subject on planet some time ago, but nobody answered my question.
What's Otavio's opinion about it? We missed beta3 for tests (i know
that splashy isn't in testing yet), so our deadline to add the package
in the task is close.

regards,
-- stratus