Re: New desktop features provided by new version of update-notifier

Hello Gustavo,

(I added i18n in CC and left only -desktop; please cc me)

On 13/08/06, Gustavo Noronha Silva <kov@debian.org> wrote:
a Ubuntu CD; I patched the program to also look for Debian CDs, and to
avoid messing with translations, the messages have Ubuntu replaced by
Debian in runtime, after the translation is got from gettext if the CD
that was inserted is a Debian CD.

Please DON'T do that! In some languages, like Serbian or Romanian,
substantives do decline, have genders and may change form according to
context. Thus I suggest doing the right thing and replace strings only
in the original string properly and allow translators to decide what's
best for their language.

--
Regards,
EddyP