Re: Re: Re: can we find a Debian solution for Bootsplash?

Luis Matos wrote:

> is this small program testable? how ... i would like to test it .
>
> I think it is a good idea ... but ... where to put it, since it cannot
> fit in initrd?

You need the fbgb installed together with the three png graphics and a
monospace 12 "font.ttf" (Tahoma, Arial, ...). Then just write a script
like that to test it:
------------
#!/bin/sh

# create communication fifo at /tmp/fbgb.fifo
./image-display /tmp/fbgb.fifo &

sleep 1
echo "0 Init..." > /tmp/fbgb.fifo
sleep 1
echo "10 Setting hostname" > /tmp/fbgb.fifo
sleep 1
echo "20 Setting up network" > /tmp/fbgb.fifo
sleep 1
echo "90 Almost ready" > /tmp/fbgb.fifo
sleep 1
echo "100 Ready" > /tmp/fbgb.fifo
sleep 1
# terminate fbgb
echo "101" > /tmp/fbgb.fifo
sleep 1
I've not yet tested it in the boot process. But it's so simple, that it
has to work.

Bye,
  Toby