Re: Re: can we find a Debian solution for Bootsplash?

On Tue, 2005-04-12 at 11:33 +0200, Tobias Lorenz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > There is a similar project: gensplash/fbsplash. It is used and developed by
> > gentoo community. Website: http://dev.gentoo.org/~spock/projects/gensplash/
>
> No gensplash/fbsplash are the successors of bootsplash. They all need
> kernel patches and will probably never enter the kernel.
>
> My program/idea is based on the framebuffer, but does not depend on
> kernel patches (as *splash) or X11 (as rhgb).
>
> Bye,
>   Toby
Ehehe..
Right now there is a new responce to the bootsplash problem, it's a 100%
usermode bootsplash system that is installed like a normal program...
It's name is Splashy, and it's build for debian and ubuntu systems.
RElase wil be ready soon, maybe tomorrow:

http://wiki.nanofreesoft.org/index.php/Splashy