Re: General Debian Desktop Questions

Hi again,

I have got to remember to review my emails when I am awake. 'Debain' is
a horribly embarrassing typo. In any event I did find some answers to my
questions.

> 1 - If DDS is a Subproject then is the project going to use the main
> archive or create a branch so to speak. If it creates a branch does that
> invalidate DDS as a Subproject?

I am still foggy on this since according to http://www.debiandesktop.org
the project has become a CDD and will have it's own archive and what
not. This implies that it is no longer a subproject proper. Nice work on
the simplified logo though. :-)

> 2 - When and where was this discussed and decided? I missed it if it was
> on debian-devel because the traffic is too large for me to cope with.
> (Don't ever read every message on that list for over a year, it can
> totally kill your interest in the project at large. :-)

Ok, I found out that I am missing something like six months of email
from this list. So I have a lot of reading to do. :-)

> 3 - By now there has to be a plan of some kind, even though I have not
> seen it discussed on this mail list. Where is this plan currently at and
> who is maintaining it?

Ok, there appears to be a plan of sorts at
http://www.debiandesktop.org/concept.php and it looks pretty detailed.

> 4 - Presuming that someone is managing this plan, they are the most
> likely leader of the DDS. Is this a particular person or are we working
> in isolated groups here?

Possibly Martin, but I haven't seen him post on the mail list for some
time. That said there has been a lot of general Debian work going on as
the project gets closer to a release.

If there are any other references I can review that would be great.

Thanks,
--
Matthew P. McGuire <gray@shadowglade.net>