General Debain Desktop Questions

Hi All,

Before I continue please note that I am not trying to downplay or
discredit anything currently going on in regards to the Debian Desktop
Subproject, henceforth DDS. My questions may seem terse, but they are
not an affront to any of the work that has been done. I duely recognize
I am in no position to criticize.

I have been watching the mail list since it was created and I am still
missing out on some things.

1 - If DDS is a Subproject then is the project going to use the main
archive or create a branch so to speak. If it creates a branch does that
invalidate DDS as a Subproject?

2 - When and where was this discussed and decided? I missed it if it was
on debian-devel because the traffic is too large for me to cope with.
(Don't ever read every message on that list for over a year, it can
totally kill your interest in the project at large. :-)

3 - By now there has to be a plan of some kind, even though I have not
seen it discussed on this mail list. Where is this plan currently at and
who is maintaining it?

4 - Presuming that someone is managing this plan, they are the most
likely leader of the DDS. Is this a particular person or are we working
in isolated groups here?

Please don't be offended. It just seems that many people would like to
work on DDS but few have stepped up to manage it. These little questions
have been nagging me for months and with my recent renewed availability
to work on Debian related stuff I would like to participate more.

Any info on this would be great.

Thanks,
--
Matthew P. McGuire <gray@shadowglade.net>