Re: New installer for CDD (was: Re: yast2 dependancies)

>But debian-installer is quite simple now, even for six-pack joe. It only
>lacks a nice graphical user interface. Maybe it could be worthy to implement
>it, and then you will be able to use d-i (installation) + yast
>(everyday-configuration tool).

You are right that it is simple enough.  You might be suprised how many people would be turned off because of the lack of graphics.  And, I am afraid that there won't be any "official" debian-GRAPHICAL-install for years because of the range of platforms that debian supports.  So, that being said, I still want a graphical interface on my install routine.

What do you mean that it "could be worthy to implement it"..what is it?

In reference to some of the original issues...I found a nice doc on suse's website about Yast : http://yast2.suse.com/tdg/html.  Worth a look at if you are interested in working with the Yast team trying to help them out.

Thanks,

Keith