Re: New installer for CDD (was: Re: yast2 dependancies)

El Viernes 04 Marzo 2005 22:38, bmurphy@paragonlinux.com escribió:
> "7. When will I be able to install Debian with YaST2?
> If you think about YaST2 as the installation program, perhaps never. We're
> not (yet) planning to port the installation part of YaST2 (are you
> interested?). "
>
> That is why I am asking.  I do realize there is an "official"
> debian-installer.  Having had experience with the anaconda port on Debian
> with the Componentized Linux group, I am hoping I might be able to lend a
> hand with the port of the Yast installer.  For various reasons, primarly
> that my desktop is targeted at "six-pack joe" who will NOT install Linux if
> it doesn't have a "shiny little install program", I am not interested in
> using the standard d-i.  The only reason I am even comtemplating moving
> from anaconda is all the Gnome dependancies that it requires.
>
> Hope that makes sense.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Keith

But debian-installer is quite simple now, even for six-pack joe. It only lacks
a nice graphical user interface. Maybe it could be worthy to implement it,
and then you will be able to use d-i (installation) + yast
(everyday-configuration tool).

  César