Re: update tray tool for Debian

|| On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 00:24:39 -0200
|| Gustavo Noronha Silva <kov@debian.org> wrote:

gns> Em Seg, 2005-01-17 às 17:08 +0100, Michael Vogt escreveu:
>> On Mon, Jan 17, 2005 at 01:28:34PM -0200, Gustavo Noronha Silva wrote:
>> update-notifier runs entirely as a user and can not do a "apt-get
>> [...]
>> dpkg run and monitors this as well. It's also pretty young code
>> (apt-watch seems to be more mature).

gns> Even being pretty young code, the design seems to be very good, sounds
gns> like just what we need. What do the Debian-BR-CDD people say?

Yes. Looks very near of what we want. I need to look it with more time
but at first look it's /GREAT/ :-)

>> > Is the ubuntu tool good enough for us?
>>
>> Comments/Suggestions/Bugreports for the update-{notifier,manager}
>> stuff is welcome. I plan to package it for debian as well but haven't
>> had time for it yet.

gns> Maybe someone could add it to the GNOME Team right now and you would
gns> join us as the maintainer for the packages soon.

gns> Or you think the GNOME Team is not the place for this, as this should be
gns> desktop-agnostic?

Maybe a Debian Desktop Package Team? ;-)

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116