update tray tool for Debian

Hello,

Some brazilians who work on the 'Debian-BR-CDD' effort talked to me
about an update tray tool. I know you both are interested and working on
such tools currently.

Daniel Burrows is apt-watch's and aptitude's author. Michiel Sikkes and
Michael Vogt wrote the tools which are being used by ubuntu. They can be
found here:

http://ftp.ubuntulinux.org/ubuntu/pool/main/u/update-manager/
http://ftp.ubuntulinux.org/ubuntu/pool/main/u/update-notifier/

Of course something that integrates well into synaptic and aptitude
(smart, anyone? =)) would be very nice. Are you people considering
joining efforts, or something? What way are we going on the 'update tray
tool for Debian'?

Is the ubuntu tool good enough for us?

Thanks,

--