Re: update tray tool for Debian

Em Seg, 2005-01-17 às 17:08 +0100, Michael Vogt escreveu:
> On Mon, Jan 17, 2005 at 01:28:34PM -0200, Gustavo Noronha Silva wrote:
> update-notifier runs entirely as a user and can not do a "apt-get
> [...]
> dpkg run and monitors this as well. It's also pretty young code
> (apt-watch seems to be more mature).

Even being pretty young code, the design seems to be very good, sounds
like just what we need. What do the Debian-BR-CDD people say?

> > Is the ubuntu tool good enough for us?
>
> Comments/Suggestions/Bugreports for the update-{notifier,manager}
> stuff is welcome. I plan to package it for debian as well but haven't
> had time for it yet.

Maybe someone could add it to the GNOME Team right now and you would
join us as the maintainer for the packages soon.

Or you think the GNOME Team is not the place for this, as this should be
desktop-agnostic?

Thanks,

--
kov@debian.org: Gustavo Noronha <http://beterraba.no-ip.org/~kov/>