Re: kernel

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 19:01:27 +0000, Glyn Tebbutt
<plastic_d3c3it@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-10-31 at 19:41 +0100, website wrote:
> > On Sunday 31 October 2004 19:10, Glyn Tebbutt wrote:
<snip>
> Well personally i think debian is great for the desktop atm but for all
> these additional patches etc the input from the kernel developers is
> going to be needed, as it means more work for them. If we follow
> gentoo's idea, we have a standard kernel with "genpatches" and then u
> add in whatever u want. I still favor a package that drops the patches
> into the /usr/src folder and then a dpkg-reconfigure asking weither you
> want to patch your kernel.

This is exactly my point. make-kpkg was made with this in mind. man
make-kpkg for more.

--
Luis M

"We think basically you watch television to turn your brain off, and
you work on your computer when you want to turn your brain on" --
Steve Jobs in an interview for MacWorld Magazine 2004-Feb

No .doc: http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.es.html